Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Toblerone Cheesecake

Mmmm....I made a Toblerone Cheesecake today! It was so rich. The reccipe came off the back of a box of Philly so its not incredibly exciting. heh. It was terribly easy too, especially since it didn't involve baking anything. My oven is still dead, so there have not been any baked goods out of my kitchen in a while. sigh Also I forgot to take pics of the cheesecake before the boys dug in, so I've only got pics of a half eaten cake. The layers are choc cookie and almond base, toblerone cheesecake, dark chocolate ganache, whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings. I was supposed to use Toblerone shavings, but I decided the last bar was going to be for me! Ok, maybe I'll give N one or two pieces. But thats about as generous as I'm feeling right now. hehe.



Yeah, doesn't look that great after its been hacked into. Oh well.


My friend Josh, devouring his second piece!
Also made some truffles some weeks ago. The pics aren't great and the presentation sucks big time. But hey, at least they tasted good!

These are dark chocolate truffles, one is rolled in chopped almonds and the other in cocoa powder. They were good!

from left to right: dark chocolate ganache rolled in coconut, dark chocolate ganache dipped in dark chocolate and almonds, white chocolate ganache dipped in dark chocolate and almonds.

No comments: