.jpg)
I've been missing my smelly little boy of late. Look at that face. So sweet, so innocent, so very curly! I loved him so very dearly. He was probably the first creature I ever truly loved. Don't get me wrong, I love N too. But Copper was there first. I've been thinking about him alot the past week because I found and returned a lost dog about a week ago and it was an English Cocker, just like my Coopy. Since then I've been missing the feeling of having a warm, furry little thing randomly come trotting along and snuggling up to me. I've been missing the way Copper used to absolutely demand attention and not take no for an answer, he'd literally stand on you if you were lying or sitting! I know I will have a dog in the future. But I miss the feeling of having one right now. And I know N would love to have one too. We've talked about it. He's as much of a dog lover as I am. When I told him about the silly things Copper used to do, he laughed in that way that only someone who loves and understands dogs and their silly ways can laugh. Ok, I know you guys are probably getting bored of my sentimentality. Moving on...
I'm in the process of writing (another) essay right now. This time for linguistics and the book my essay is directly tied to is all about how and why miscommunication takes place between men and women. It looks at why men and women sometimes fail completely in understanding each other. Its incredibly interesting. It suggests that the difference in communication styles is a result of the different ways in which men and women look at human relationships. Basically, that men see relationships within a hierarchical structure and women look at it from the perspective of varying intimacy. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is a whole load of crap. The book offers a lot of anecdotal evidence to support its theories, but also offers some evidence based on research and studies done on adults as well as children. Apart from N, I havent had a lot of experience in dealing with men beyond a superficial level. Well, I don't count my Dad because our differences are generational as well as gendered, so its hard to tell where the miscommunication lies. Besides, he's crazy anyway. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer examples of problems they've had in communicating with members of the opposite sex and think about how this can be understood in light of theories presented in this book. I'm only about a third of the way through it though. And yes, I have been in uni for way too long. I wonder if the things I learn in this book will make me overanalyse the way N and I communicate. Hmm..
Ok, that was a long one.
No comments:
Post a Comment