Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Narnia!

I watched the chronicles of Narnia! Damn it was cool! Ok I won't spoil it for those of you that have yet to see it. But GO SEE IT NOW! Does anyone else think Mr. Tumnus is cute? I mean apart from the goat half of him. But he has a nice face.

Its been a couple of days so I should update everyone on my job search. The restaurant didnt call me, so I called them on Monday and was told to show up there for an "informal interview" the next day. What in God's name is an 'informal interview'? Or more importantly, what does one wear to one of those?! I went with a short sleeved black shirt and casual pants. Anyway, I went there and there were probably five people already there. I was NOT late. Anyway, I was talking to the woman and it was damn obvious I wasnt getting the job. But what pissed me off more than that was that she couldnt even be upfront about that. She was all like, well I dont really know what the situation is going to be like at the moment, but I have your contact number and I'll let you know when I know. And I'm sitting there thinking, you cow I heard you ask the two people before me to come back on Thursday. Dont give me this bullshit. Anyway, I walked out of there pissed off and knowing full well I wasnt getting it. I suppose I should thank her for annoying the crap out of me because after that I thought, screw this shit and I walked into another restaurant around the corner and asked if they were hiring. Something I wouldnt have done if I had been in my usual calm and mostly chicken frame of mind. And what do you know, they asked me to come in for a trial this friday! So who knows! By next week, I might be gainfully employed! Nothing terribly exciting going on apart from that. I made an awful dinner tonight if thats news to anyone. haha. I was deeply disappointed in myself.
Friends are starting to come back from their holidays. Not that anyone bought me anything!! hehe.
Hmm, my dad just called. Apparently a letter got sent to my Singapore address instead of my Canberra address, even though it has the Canberra address on the front. And its a letter from the School of Social Sciences at ANU saying that I have performed really well and that they strongly urge students with my performance to pursue an honours program. Ok WHAT THE HELL?? Thats bullshit! I think they've made some kind of mistake, honestly. Well its made my dad happy. But I sat through the whole bit of him reading the letter with my heart pounding, hoping and praying they didnt print my results at the bottom. Holy crap. I seriously dont believe this. And on that surreal note, I'll catch ya'll later.

No comments: