Ugh...So I've enrolled in all my classes. Its gonna be back to school in a few weeks. Bleh, I'm really not looking forward to it. New classes, new people, new tutors, new lecturers. I hate it all. Especially the new people part. I just know I'm going to despise the new first years that come along and think that they're all that. Cuz God knows they all think that. Stupid childish little brats. Well, on the upside, I am kinda looking forward to my classes. They seem interesting, though I still haven't gotten this whole speaking out during tutorials bit down pat yet. And its gonna be hell cuz most of the time I'm talkin' outta my ass anyway. Bugger that.
In other news, I also have a job. I think I may have previously mentioned it. Yeah its a Singaporean restaurant in the city. Corny huh? Oh well, I get money and food. I'm happy. And one of the guys I work with is kinda cute. Unfortunately he's also practically a baby. Bloody hell, he's like 18. A child! They let infants out into the workforce these days? But I suppose I shouldn't be mean, I'm learning nearly everything from him.
Also, it's been decided that ANU's DOI are a bunch of dumbfuckers. The internet has been down in all the on campus halls for 2 frickin weeks. And yesterday, the internet was down across the whole campus. Can anyone even begin to imagine an entire university without access to the internet for a whole day? Its madness..
Today is actually a public holiday over here. Australia Day. One of the more pointless public holidays I think. The highlight of Australia Day is, depending on your perspective, either the cricket or the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown. Ok so I'm not really the biggest cricket fan. Anyway, turns out Wolfmother got SIX, yes that's right, count 'em, SIX songs in the hottest 100. The Gorillaz had TWO in the top 5 and Bernard Fanning was #1. For those of you who don't know who Bernard Fanning is, he's the lead singer of aussie super group Powderfinger. Go dl his song 'Wish You Well' and check out Powderfinger while you're at it. And definitely give Wolfmother a listen.
Has everyone sort of realised that we're all turning 21 this year? I don't know about you guys, but that makes me feel kinda weird. I don't really feel old, that's not how I would describe it. More like I'm too old for how I feel. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still a teenager! Well I feel like one anyway. Telling ppl you're 21. Damn, that's just freaky. My life is moving way too fast for me. I just want to slow down. I don't want to have to be responsible and make good sensible decisions about my future. I literally feel like I'm blundering about blindfolded and no way I'm gonna succeed because there are all these people who are so much smarter and better prepared than I am. How am I supposed to compete? And yet I have to. Life BITES!
And that was my rant for the day. Happy Australia Day folks. Hope you're doin' better than I am.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment