Monday, August 23, 2004

Blogging for the sake of it...

There really isnt much to say. I cant believe my life is that uneventful. Or perhaps its more like I dont think any of you want to hear about my culinary catastrophies or my tutor dodging techniques. Just went back to school today after a full week of bliss. Bliss meaning waking up after noon mind you. I have a number of major essays with deadlines looming, yet I cant bring myself to begin on them. I know this path, I've been on it before. And each time I manage to survive, but I swear I'll never make the same mistake again. Well I'm sure you all know I'm particularly good at swearing! Maybe thats why it doesnt work?! God, even my sense of humour is going down the toilet.
Maybe I shall take a risk and tell you about my guy problems. There is, of course, the fear that the people in question will find my blog and read it. That prospect is rather horrifying because, even if I dont use their names, they'll know who I'm talking about. And I must add that there is a great deal of irony involved in this situation. For the many years that I have been listening to and occasionally advised uma and suba on their relationship, I thought I would be able to handle anything thrown my way. Of course nothing ever came my way, so I went on believing in my own invincibility. Come on, lets face it. Combined, Uma and Suba have dated examples of every category of male freaks. So I learned from their experience. Now, of course, when someone does come my way, he totally breaks the mould! And not in a good way! He's still a freak, but unlike any other that Uma and Suba have known. And trying to deal with him is tiring and distressing. And the others? Simply too disturbing to discuss. See? I couldnt even bring myself to telling you all the things that have happened. Suffice to say, I will NEVER date these guys. The sooner they realise that, the better. And it's not because they dont "meet my high standards", I'm not really like that. But simply becuase I have nothing in common with them, and that we are so fundamentally different! All the things I hold dear to me and consider integral aspects of my identity must be matched by the people I am with. And that is obvious when you look at the people who are my close friends. But I just dont know how to make it clear to these guys AND keep their friendship at the same time! They make pretty good friends, they are fun to be with. But that is the entire extent of the relationship I want to have with them. And of course I think its only fair that I consider Sangeetha as well. Its not very comfortable for her to maintain a friendship with these guys, if I was, for example, not on speaking terms with them. Its simply too much trouble. I have many times contemplated taking my own advice and being the proverbial 'cold, hard bitch' about the whole thing and simply telling the bastards to fuck off. ugh..
I just thought I'd credit Sangeetha on the creativity of the title of her last post. I tried to do the same, but my brain is simply not cooperating. Maybe when I'm not so bogged down by, well, everything!
JM, our meeting in the airport will be a very hindi movie style affair. Its strange, but I suppose it cannot be helped. Not unless I skip a day of school and come back on the 7th of Oct. Worth considering I suppose, but I think my mom has already booked my ticket. Well I will look into it!

2 comments:

Ting said...

heh neela...i'm amused! make that very amused! you hardly ever talk about stuff like that. but good luck anyway! hope you get what i sent you soon. keep checking that mailbox of yours!

ting

JM said...

dude, you'd better spill pronto.

why have you not told me?

miffed,
me