Saturday, August 04, 2007

Alright people, come on! If you guys don't comment on here I really will ditch this blog! And if no one comments after this I'll know no one reads this damn thing. Hmm..
So its week 3 of uni and I'm tired. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sustain this same level of enthusiasm and diligence in doing my assignments and readings in later weeks. How do people do it? Madness. Also, work is giving me lots of troubles. Too many jobs to choose from! Too many things to consider! What a headache. Why can't I just find ONE ideal job and stick with it?
Watched the Simpsons movie last night. Hmm, I have to admit to being disappointed. I found it it kinda draggy and didn't really like the Homer-Marge conflict. Perhaps it was to add depth to the two characters but it just didn't work for me. Although I must say that there's one moment where Marge is raging at Homer and what he says in response reminded me so much of sth N said once when I was yelling at him. sigh. Speaking of which, we had gigantic fight that resulted in deathly silence between the two of us for nearly two days. Thankfully that's over and we both learned a lot about each other from it. It's back to (scarily?) domestic bliss for the time being. Is it just me or are we being bombarded by people getting married/engaged on all sides? Sheesh! People! This is a lifetime of committment we're talking about here! You could at least stop to consider the implications!! Or am I the only one left who believes in marriage being a sacred bond between two people? Bah. It just irks me that people who have been together for less than a year/ are under 25 are getting married. I mean, what happens after the 'honeymoon' period is over and you realise that you simply cannot live with this person anymore, let alone once they start balding/putting on weight/get wrinkly? Basically, if your man thinks all your bras and panties match and you don't own anything that isnt lacy and sexy you are NOT ready to get married. If you think that he actually irons his clothes and doesnt love fart jokes, you're NOT ready to get married. Madness. That said, its a little scary that Centrelink (Aust govt welfare agency) and the Tax Office consider N and I to be a de facto couple in a marriage-like situation. Unfortunately, Immigration won't! Useless...they'll consider me married so they can tax me but not consider me married to give me PR. Bastards.
Ok I should stop ranting about that. In other news, I plan to make a massive carrot cake tonight. Woots! Its my friend Matt's birthday. I'll try and take pics but now that my camera phone is only 2 megapixels and not 3, the pics might not be so good.

2 comments:

AJT said...

dun ditch this blog!!!!!!!!

love,
your faithful reader adel

Anonymous said...

well.. i'm still reading it (occasionally, because you don't update it as often as the rest of the modern world do) so don't ditch it!

i totally get what you mean about being close to burning out over uni, i'm feeling the exact same way. throw in a whole heap of other obligations/responsibilities and this sem is turning out to be a total nightmare.

plus guys are such pricks! sigh. not N, i wasn't referring to him, but i've enough guy trouble to consider turning lesbian. ugh.

anyway, you SHOULD reply to your comments too, otherwise how do we know you're reading them (plus where do we get the incentive to leave comments? it's sorta like talking to the wall..)!?

all the best with work and uni!

love, ting